During your stay at Saint Paul, discover a village ruled by art, where tradition can be glimpsed in every stone. Let yourself be charmed by Saint-Paul de Vence, the jewel of the French Riviera.
Hotel in Saint-Paul de Vence
between Nice and Cannes
In the heart of Saint-Paul de Vence, sheltered by the ramparts built by Francois I, visit a magical site, perched on the upper reaches of the Mediterranean hinterland. A few kilometres from Nice, our 5-star hotel is the perfect stopover for visiting this village acclaimed by past and present-day artists. Follow in their footsteps through this open-air art gallery where the architectural heritage will amaze you.
In Saint-Paul de Vence:
Loved and cherished by 19th and 20th century artists, Saint-Paul de Vence offers a very special atmosphere, one which charmed Chagall, who spent most of his life there, as well as Matisse, Yves Montand, Lino Ventura, Simone Signoret, Picasso and many more. Take time to discover all the charms of this hilltop village in Provence which has preserved its medieval appearance.
Stroll around the streets, make your way to Place de l’Eglise dominated by the former castle keep, relax and unwind at a refreshing fountain, visit the History Museum as well as Rosaire Chapel, designed entirely by Henri Matisse, or the Chapel of the Pénitents Blancs.
In the surroundings:
From our hotel in Saint-Paul de Vence, set out to visit the French Riviera and its hinterland. Discover all the charms of Provence and the Alpes-Maritimes:
- Cagnes-sur-Mer (5 km), an authentic Provencal village a short walk from the sea, which is home, in particular, to the Renoir Museum set in the heart of a vast estate planted with olive trees. Visit this Impressionist painter's very last home.
- Tourrettes-sur-Loup (8 km away), a medieval village known as the City of Violets after the small flowers which have been grown there for almost a century. In particular, pay a visit to Saint-Jean Chapel, decorated with frescoes by Ralph Soupault.
- Biot (14 km), a reference around the world for its arts and crafts and blown glass.
- Antibes (16 km), located on the coast, guarantees a privileged moment overlooking the Baie des Anges. And, do not forget to pay a visit to the Picasso Museum.
- In Nice (17km), in the heart of the Baie des Anges, stroll along the Promenade des Anglais, enjoy a socca in the old town, visit the many museums which have their home in the city, and treat yourself to a day of shopping in the city centre.
- Gourdon (24 km), built on an impressive rocky peak, is deservedly called the "eagle's nest". Scale the heights and, in particular, pay a visit to the castle and gardens designed by Le Nôtre.
- Grasse (21 km), the perfume capital of the world, will transport you into a world of fragrances and refinement.
- In Beaulieu-sur-Mer (27 km), visit the famous Villa Kerylos, a Greek-inspired residence on the coast, a magical site which invites visitors to travel and meditate.
- In Monaco (40 km), enjoy an unforgettable experience at the casino, visit the oceanographic museum and relax in the principality's exotic gardens. Also, take advantage of your stay to watch the famous F1 Grand Prix.
In order to enhance your visit and add a dreamlike touch to your trip, we organise original and varied excursions to the French Riviera, the Bay of Cannes, and the Saint-Tropez Peninsula. On simple request at the reception, and by appointment only, opt, in particular, for:
- An excursion aboard a yacht
- Helicopter flight
- Guided tour with chauffeur
No visit to Saint-Paul de Vence would be complete without a visit to the village’s Place du Jeu de Boules, immortalised by many stars, such as Lino Ventura and Yves Montand. Try your hand at a game of French bowls beneath the plane trees in an authentic and friendly setting.
Many footpaths are accessible from the village. Discover a preserved natural environment, far from the hustle and bustle of the Riviera.
At the hotel, it is possible to relax and benefit from beauty treatments. Please contact reception to book your treatments. The perfect way to unwind after a day of sightseeing.
Le Saint Paul offers access to a Beauty Room. Abandon yourself to the expert hands of our professionals and rediscover well-being and relaxation.
Saint-Paul de Vence is home to many art galleries. Throughout the village, discover the works of countless painters, sculptors and potters. Dive yourself in the village's unique atmosphere and follow the Marc Chagall Trail.
Fascinated by this part of Provence, the painter spent many years in Saint-Paul de Vence. This trail leads visitors to different viewpoints where they are able to compare paintings with the actual landscapes.
Do not miss a visit to the Maeght Foundation, located just a few minutes from our hotel. This unique venue offers a multitude of works by Miró, Giacometti, Braque, Léger, Chagall, Calder etc. Most of these avant-garde artists played an active part in this large-scale project. An unmissable meeting with art!
In Vence, not far from Saint-Paul, pay a visit to Rosaire Chapel: the architecture, stained-glass windows and furnishings of which were all designed entirely by Henri Matisse. A masterpiece of religious art unique in the world.
Dates for your diary:
- Provencal markets on Place du Jeu de Boules in Saint-Paul
- Cannes Film Festival in May
- Monaco Grand Prix in May
- Chamber Music Festival from 24 July to 31 July 2013
- Festival of Sainte-Claire, from Friday 9 August to Sunday 11 August 2013: on the programme, procession, ball, fireworks, and much more.